Visit Ballarat – Win the Ultimate Weekend Escape
on how to enter this Campaign forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
of the Entry Procedure and participation in this Campaign is deemed acceptance
of these Terms and Conditions.
Campaign is being co-ordinated by made of Ballarat.
questions or comments regarding the Campaign should be directed to the Campaign
- Campaign: Visit Ballarat – Win the Ultimate Weekend Escape
- Campaign Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Campaign Period
- Commences at: 5:30pm (AEST) on Friday 2 August 2019
- Ends at: 4:59pm (AEST) on Wednesday 25 September 2019
- Campaign Website: https://www.visitballarat.com.au/about/competitions/win-the-ultimate-weekend-away-in-ballarat/
- Eligibility Criteria: persons that are residents of Australia aged 18 years of age or older
- Entrant: a person that meets the Eligibility Criteria and completes an Entry into the Campaign in accordance with these Terms and Conditions
- Entry: is the result of completing the Entry Procedure in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and includes all content (which includes without limitation any text, images, photos or videos) that is submitted, uploaded, published, created, communicated or used as part of the Entry Procedure
- Entry Procedure: Entrants must:
- access the competition section on visitballarat.com.au;
- provide their full name and email address where prompted;
- accept these Terms and Conditions
- Selection of Winner: At the end of the promotional period, the prize winner will be drawn at random by the Promoter. Winners will be contacted via email with further details, and must present their personal contact details upon request. The prize must be fulfilled within a six month period of prize being drawn (Thursday 26 September 2019 until 16 March 2020). Prizes are non- transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. We strongly encourage members to only enter if they can attend within this time frame.
- All expense paid Weekend’s itinerary of winners choosing. As well as a $500 Mastercard gift Includes:
- Description of prize: A weekend family escape to Ballarat, for two adults and two children. The prize includes:
- Two night’s accommodation
- All activities in destination
- $500 Mastercard gift card
- Value of prize (AUD): Up to an amount of $3,000
- Prize Pool Value: Up to an amount of $3,000
- Terms and Conditions: means these terms and conditions and includes any variations or amendments
- Visit Ballarat: Ballarat Regional Tourism Inc ABN 66 944 757 683 of Town Hall, Sturt Street, Ballarat VIC 3350, trading as Visit Ballarat
- Winner: means a Prize winner selected pursuant to these Terms and Conditions
addition, unless otherwise stated, in these Terms and Conditions and the
monetary values are in Australian Dollars;
values and amounts that appear in these Terms and Conditions are inclusive of
are for reference purposes only.
- Participation in this Campaign is only open to those persons who meet the Eligibility Criteria.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of Visit Ballarat and the City of Ballarat are ineligible to enter. Immediate families includes: spouse, child (natural or adopted), parent, grandparent, siblings, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew or cousin (by blood, marriage or relationship).
- Visit Ballarat reserves the right, at any time, to verify the eligibility of an Entrant and to disqualify any Entrant that does not meet the Eligibility Criteria.
- Any costs associated with meeting the Eligibility Criteria must be met by that person and not Visit Ballarat.
Campaign is a game of chance and will be randomly drawn by the promoter.
enter, eligible persons must complete the Entry Procedure during the Campaign
not completed in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be rejected
and any late, incomplete, indecipherable or illegible Entries will be deemed
invalid. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by Visit
Ballarat and not at the time of transmission.
are limited to the one per Entrant. Where an Entrant attempts to submit more
than one Entry, all additional or subsequent Entry(s) will be disqualified and
ineligible for a Prize.
Entry must be relevant to the Campaign as determined by Visit Ballarat in their
absolute discretion. Visit Ballarat reserves the right to review the Entries
during the Campaign Period and remove and reject any which are offensive,
inappropriate, defamatory or otherwise not in keeping with the spirit of the
Ballarat reserves the right, at any time, to verify compliance with the Entry Procedure,
and to disqualify any Entrant that tampers, interferes or manipulates the Entry
and omissions may be accepted at Visit Ballarat’s discretion however failure by
Visit Ballarat to enforce any of their rights at any stage does not constitute
a waiver of those rights.
costs associated with applying, entering or participating in the Campaign
(including internet access and download charges) will be at the cost of the
an Entrant would like to remove their Entry from publication on the Campaign
Website or from consideration for a Prize, they must request removal via email
to the Campaign Email which request will be attended to within 14 days of a
request being made. Once removed, that Entry will no longer be eligible for a
Consents and warranties
- Entrants agree to their Entry being used by Visit Ballarat and/or the City of Ballarat in the future and grant them a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable transferable licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display the Entry for any purpose in any media without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants warrant that they have full authority to grant these rights and will not assert any moral rights in respect of the Entry.
- Entrants warrant and agree that:
- They will not submit, produce, upload or share any content that is fraudulent, or may be in breach of any intellectual property, privacy or other rights;
- No rights in the Entry have been previously granted to any person, corporation or entity;
- They will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Entry or who appears (or who’s property appears) in the content forming part of the Entry;
- They will comply with all applicable laws and regulations including without limitation those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access of use of others’ computer or communication systems.
- Without limiting the above, the Entrant indemnifies Visit Ballarat and/or the City of Ballarat against all loss, damages and costs incurred by Visit Ballarat and/or the City of Ballarat as a result of any breach of the above warranties.
- Entrants understand, acknowledge and agree that:
- Their Entry (or parts thereof) may be posted on the Campaign Website and Visit Ballarat’s and/or the City of Ballarat website and available for public viewing; and
- By participating in this Campaign, information, links or names may be displayed on the social media pages of Visit Ballarat and/or the City of Ballarat.
- Unless expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions, participation in this Campaign does not entitle any person or Entrant to use any of Visit Ballarat’s and/or the City of Ballarat intellectual property rights (including any trade mark or content) for any purpose.
the end of the promotional period, the prize winner will be drawn at random by
the Promoter, to eligible entrants who have complied with the entry procedure.
- All decisions of Visit Ballarat are final and
no correspondence will be entered into.
- The randomly drawn entrant by Visit Ballarat will win one Prize and be a Winner.
- The Winner will be notified by email within 14 days of a determination being made.
- The total Prize Pool Value for this Campaign is specified in clause 5.
- Visit Ballarat will coordinate the prize and will email tickets and confirmation to the winner within a week of competition ending.
- Visit Ballarat is not responsible for any travel costs or expenditures outside of the prize inclusions.
- If Visit Ballarat is unable to contact a Winner, or the Winner does not claim their Prize by Wednesday 18 September, then that Winner will forfeit their Prize and no cash or other prize will be awarded in lieu.
- It is an Entrant’s responsibility to notify Visit Ballarat if their personal details change during the Campaign Period. If a Winner fails to provide a valid or complete address for delivery of the Prize, or delivery has not been successful to an address provided (after reasonable attempts by Visit Ballarat) the Prize shall be forfeited by the Winner.
- Prizes are not transferrable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. If any Prize is unavailable, Visit Ballarat may at its discretion substitute the Prize with a prize of equal value.
- If a Prize includes a voucher, the voucher is only valid until the expiry date specified on the voucher or by the provider, and is subject to the terms and conditions imposed by the provider. Visit Ballarat will not be liable for any voucher that is lost, stolen, damaged or tampered with after it is awarded.
- As a condition of accepting a Prize, a Winner may be requested to sign legal documentation as and in the form required by Visit Ballarat including a release and indemnity form.
Limitation of Liability
the extent permitted by law, Visit Ballarat (and their respective officers,
contractors, employees, agents and representatives) will not be liable for any personal
injury, loss (including loss of opportunity), damage (including, but not limited
to, direct, indirect or consequential loss), cost, expense or claim arising
from or in relation to:
Entry or the Entry Procedure;
variation in the value of a Prize;
tax liability incurred as a result of being awarded a Prize;
Prize that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected; or
Variation to Campaign
Ballarat may in its absolute discretion, but subject to State and Territory
laws, modify, suspend, cancel, recommence or extend this Campaign as
any reason, this Campaign is not capable of running as planned due to
technical, hardware or software failures or interferences, or changes to third
party sites or platforms, which affect the administration, operation, security,
fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Campaign;
level of interest or participation in the Campaign is insufficient or there has
been some delay in commencing the Campaign; or
Entry Procedure, determination of Winners or delivery of Prizes is prevented
hindered or affected by any external agent or event beyond the reasonable
control of Visit Ballarat.
- All Entries become the property of Visit Ballarat and/or the City of Ballarat.
- The information that each Entrant provides will only be used in connection with, or relating to, the administration of this Campaign and support of Visit Ballarat’s and/or the City of Ballarat social network pages (including without limitation, any marketing communications you opt-in to receive from Visit Ballarat and/or the City of Ballarat) and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
any term or condition of these Terms and Conditions or the application thereof
to any person or any circumstance shall be or become illegal, invalid or
unenforceable, the same shall be read down, if such reading down is possible,
and if found to be impossible, shall be severed and the remaining terms,
agreements and conditions shall not be affected.
Terms and Conditions are to be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the
State of Victoria and all parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of
the Courts of that State.